lunes, julio 02, 2007

come now - the bbq is on

mom showed me up at my own game
-
i like to call up impulsively
on a couple hours notice
and offer to make mom and dad dinner
-
seems they've evolved
to a diet of frozen and prepared foods
so i make fresh vegetables, unique salads, premium cuts of meat
-
today mom called at 5pm - invited me to dinner - right now
"the bbq is on come now" she said
by my sandards that's not impulsive
it's down right random
-
i didn't really feel like abandoning my anti-plan
which is no plan at all
feeling a little blah with bre away
i had just returned from a walk to the convenience store and was about to settle into a head full of thc and tv
-

goddamn this apathy i said to myself

and i went to mom's

-

she made this new dish called bbq sweet potato bake

i love sweet potatos and collect recipes that use apples

then

she put out asparagus and green beans from a local farm

an impressive array of exotic sauces for the veggies
and grilled tenderloin with venison sausage

we ate outside
with the sun settling graciously
into another beautiful evening
and then
the dog ate 1/2 of a dusty old dehydrated dead rabbit carcass
which made me puke
-
but that's another story
for another time
or maybe not