lunes, noviembre 20, 2006

because that's the way i am

I’ve felt a lot of powerful things in the last thirteen years or so
With an assortment of different people
In a lot of different ways
For any number of different reasons
...
But tonight
It was like I walked alone for the first time
So many stars
The air so still
My sense of being
interconnected
With stillness and quiet and depth
Alone
Aware
Unforgiven
Unrepentant
Beneath unending darkness and a billion points of light
...
so I smoked a blunt
Peach cognac
...
because
that’s the way I am
...
and I stopped at frosty john’s
for a shot of tequila
and a rickard’s red
...
after which
I wandered anonymously back into the darkness
leaving a rather large tip
as thanks for being left alone
unmolested by small talk
while life
my life
lay before me
one more time
...
as i stepped beneath the awesome darkness
of tonight's beautiful sky
...
I felt it
...
unmistakably
...
I feel it
...
a powerful need
to laugh
to learn
to live
to be real
...
and like the animal i've become
I could howl into that darkness
at each of those billion points of light
because
perspective is everything
and
this is not what I had planned for me
this is not how I wanted things to be
and the world can be a funny place
when our perception of it
is obscured by our expectations
...
but
it is what it is
this thing i feel
...
and I feel it
like a billion points of light
...
And I'm ready
For as long as it might last
For now
For never
Forever
For as long as it might last
Because
it feels like the right thing to do
for right now
and
that's just the way I am