lunes, diciembre 11, 2006

oh my dog


no one has looked this comfortable in gramma's chair
since my grandma Isabelle-Patience sat in it

i miss my grandma - she lived with us when i was a kid

i spent most of my childhood with her - i was never an only child because i always had my grandma

she was a special soul - i wish i could know her now - as an adult - hear her stories again - listen to her laugh - see that look she used to have for every right and every wrong

she used to ask ask me about all sorts of things she knew i liked but knew nothing about herself - though she was a very smart lady - like when i was a hockey goalie and she would ask me if i scored any "ghouls" - she knew nothing about the "hockeying" - but she always asked - and she always listened - she could knit and crochet and preserve and fix and sew - i remember quilting stuff all over the basement - and the quilts fully handmade were beautiful

i was only a little older than breanna when she died

from what i remember she was real good people - and i miss her

...

this wasn't easy to write at all - lots of pauses

emotional - memories from far away and under

for sure this is not what i set out to write - this was to be a much simpler piece of tripe

really

it was supposed to be about the dog - this dog farts a lot - A LOT - long and loud sometimes - and then she'll groan a long disdainful groan - lazily lift her head up - remove her nose from her arse and look at me like she's a little put out by the whole ordeal

that is what this rant was supposed to be about

but

the dog sitting in my grandma's chair reminded me that my grandma could fart almost as long as you could laugh - and the more she laughed the more she farted - "oh my oh my" she'd say "oh my? isn't that a corker" and we'd start to laugh as these fart monsters took on a life of their own and sounded as though they might never stop

i hardly ever laugh that hard anymore

god bless you smelly dog - thanks for the trip

1 Comments:

At lunes, diciembre 11, 2006 2:20:00 p. m., Blogger coco_chanel_081 said...

You write such sweet things about your grandmother then leave me with the last thoughts you have of her farts....

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home